Today is that day that I can proudly claim I have become a geek. I purchased all the necessary parts from Newegg (newegg.com) and am awaiting their arrival so I can assemble and use
my first PC. I have been planning this build for
several months, and am very excited about it.
Here are the specs for the system:
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+(65W) CPU
- 3 GB Corsair DDR2 667 RAM
- 1 TB (1000 GB) of HDD (500 GB Samsung + 500 GB WD) Sata 3.0 Gb/s
- ASUS 18x DVD+R 8x DVD+RW 8x DVD+R DL Burner
- 19in 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD monitor by Hanns-G
All supported by an ASUS barebones system with an AM2 socket motherboard, onboard Nvidia GeForce 6150 with built-in card reader and Gigabit ethernet.
I will update in a few days when I put this together, hopefully I can report all working well on a Debian GNU/Linux operating system.